Re: Last problem with cameleon

En réponse à Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr>:

> > Exactly the same :-)
> > The libraries was small and special purpose enough not to ship it as
> > standalone package.
>
> And we were not speaking about byte/antive code split back then ?
>
> Tell me if i am wrong, but i have the impression that there are a few
> such libraries, which are used by 3 or more cameleon programs.

I don't see what you mean.
Those libs are not dlls and are only used by cameleon at compile
time. So cameleon don't need them at run time.

> Ideally, and maybe upstream can be convinced to do that, these
> libraries
> could be put together in a small library packages,
> libcamaleon-support-ocaml or something such.

Why exactly?

> The problem is a bit different with advi, where there is only one such
> library (and really, the only reason i did not separate it, was that i
> was not able to fix the build process to do so), but here we have at
> least 3 such dll.so, which could well be merged in one common dll.so
> common to all cameleon packages.
>
> Anyway, i would like to have feedback from upstream about that, and
> from
> you two, since i have no idea of what these library are and do.

I think I'll have to make a decision about this otherwise I'll
never upload cameleon :p

Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org>
              <jerome.marant@free.fr>

http://marant.org