Re: Last problem with cameleon

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 06:16:29PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   First of all, Happy New Year!
>
>   I'm sorry I'm very late in updating Cameleon with respect
>   to the ocaml policy but I encountered a final problem:
>   2 of the cameleon packages provide a small library that
>   it is not worth shipping outside of the package.

I have the same problem with advi also.

What package are they with ?

One solution would be to provide them in a cameleon-common or soemthing
such, and still keep the nativecode/bytecode split.

Another solution would be to do as i plan to do for advi, that is modify
the policy so that such packages can be done in native code and in
custom built bytecode. (or not custom built bytecode, but in the advi
case at least i didn't easily manage to make them non-custom built).

>   Hence, it is not possible for me to make them Arch:all.
>   I have to solutions:
>   - shipping a native package and a byte package ; this
>   solves the problem but the native package it not
>   necesssary at all
>   - making an exception for such packages because their
>   are like libraries ship with some binaries, i.e.
>   leaving them Arch: any.

Or modify the policy to accomodate them ? :)))

>   Any opinion?

Hope this helps some.