Re: ocaml 3.04-3 uploaded

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 03:23:58PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 03:07:41PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> [...]
> > > Note also that distinct packages could add and remove the same directories,
> > > so directory entries should not be removed without checking there is no more
> > > usable files inside.
> >
> > I will implement a package reference counter, so that packages could add a
> > single dir, and if this dir is already present in the ld.conf file, then we
> > simply update the ref counter for that line, maybe listing also the package
> > name for completeness and to be able to run the update-ocaml-ldconf script for
> > a package multiple times without problems.
>
> Hmmm, you will have a hard work implementing a package reference counter which
> will not be broken when this file is edited by hand, which makes sense IMHO.

Then what do you suggest ? None of the other ideas are perfect, maybe having a
separate file would be the best thing to do ?

> > > OTOH, a dh_ocaml debhelper script would be helpful to automatically call
> > > update-ocaml-ldconf in post{inst,rm} scripts.
> >
> > huh ???
> >
> > Do you mean to have a dh_ocaml script which would add the propper
> > update-ocaml-ldconf calls in the post{inst,rm} files ?
>
> Exactly.  This way, you do not have to create post{inst,rm} scripts,
> but instead add ``dh_ocaml --add dir'' or ``dh_ocaml --remove dir'' in
> debian/rules.
> The easiest implementation is with a Perl script, as explained in
> /usr/share/doc/debhelper/PROGRAMMING.gz
> I could try to play writing it if you do not mind shipping a Perl script ;)

Well, it would be for integration in debhelper, isn't it ? If not i much
prefer a ocaml script (apart from not speaking perl, which wouldn't help me
writing such a thing).

But i will look at it as time permits.