Re: work in progress: camlimages and zoggy

Hi,

First of all, happy new year !

> > This evening, while I was tired and bored ..., I worked a
> > little on a few new debian packages: camlimages, zoggy and
> > configwin. Preliminary (warning! _really_ preliminary, i.e.
> > only creation of .deb works, no deps, no build-deps, no docs,
> > etc, etc...) versions of them may be found, as usual, at:
> >   http://www.students.cs.unibo.it/~zacchiro/debian/
>
> The fact is that zoggy is not really usefull/testable now since
> there is no (tutorial) example provided upstream (if I'm not
> wrong...)
Personnally, I find it useful :-) Well, my version has some enhancements...
About a tutorial, i'm thinking about it.

> > You already know zoggy and camlimages, configwin is a small
> > package used by zoggy (the .deb took about 60Kb), I am really
> > tempted to embed it in zoggy directly because I doubt that it
> > can be needed by anything else... (opinions are welcome on
> > this).
>
> Well, technically speaking, since configwin  is separately
> provided upstream, I would keep it like that. If you're right,
> Maxime will probably follow the same idea and will merge
> configwin and zoggy in the future. But, may be, Maxime have ideas
> to share configwin among other developments (who knows ? except
> Maxime ? ;-)
As yo can see on
  http://pauillac.inria.fr/~guesdon/Tools/tools.html
Configwin is used by Report and Cameleon. You can use it when
you want to build input or parametrization windows with more than
one or two input fields, without the pain of building boring input windows
with gtk.

Cheers,

MaxENCE ;-)