Re: ocaml 3.04-3 uploaded

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 02:01:23PM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 06:11:03PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 06:15:57PM +0100, Sven wrote:
> > > I may also have missed some stuff you sent to me over christmas, please
> > > forgive me for it, and just resend it to me. (well only the ocaml stuff, i
> > > will soon look at ocaml-doc, lablgl and lablgtk.)
> >
> > I sent you: dh_ocaml.ml
> [...]
>
> Hi Stefano,
>
> your script has nothing to do with debhelper, a better name would be
> update-ocaml-ldconf for instance.

ummm, yes, maybe, a somewhat shorted name would be nicer, but i guess this one
is the best one, what do you think stefano.

> Note also that distinct packages could add and remove the same directories,
> so directory entries should not be removed without checking there is no more
> usable files inside.

I will implement a package reference counter, so that packages could add a
single dir, and if this dir is already present in the ld.conf file, then we
simply update the ref counter for that line, maybe listing also the package
name for completeness and to be able to run the update-ocaml-ldconf script for
a package multiple times without problems.

> OTOH, a dh_ocaml debhelper script would be helpful to automatically call
> update-ocaml-ldconf in post{inst,rm} scripts.

huh ???

Do you mean to have a dh_ocaml script which would add the propper
update-ocaml-ldconf calls in the post{inst,rm} files ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther