Re: Vasyl Gello: Declaration of intent to become a DC+account

Hi Balint!

Right now I am rebuilding the automation pipelines to support gbp-layout
in multiple repos.

I expected to kick off weekly updates (gbp buildpackage --git-tag) to
experimental,
but your information:

> I'd like to add that while experimental is the proper place for
> staging 19.x uploads for unstable (since the major release update will
> start a transition) I would like to avoid doing many git snapshot
> iterations in experimental because experimental is a global resource
> and every kodi upload generates ~350MB of binary packages per
> architecture (archived at https://snapshot.debian.org
<https://snapshot.debian.org> forever).

is very new to me so I propose now to drop tags only to Salsa git but
upload tags once per month.

I also encountered a couple of issues with multimedia-team/kodi*
repositories.

First, the current "upstream" branch in all kodi* repos points to 18.x
Leia upstream sources, and it will be updated
with bugfixes even after 19.0 goes official. Git does not allow me to
create a new branch "upstream/19.x",
because "upstream" branch already exists. So I'd like to rename "upstream"
branch in all 15 repos to "upstream/18.x"
to conform with DEP-14. This will allow maintaining addons targeting 18.x
"Leia" and "19.x" Matrix without intersections.

Second, I found out that component tarballs used by Kodi must be
explicitly specified in "gbp buildpackage" invocation.
This in inconvenient as the version being built is known but the
directories representing the contents of component
tarballs have to be specified somewhere. What is the proper way to invoke
"gbp buildpackage" for packages whose
upstream tarballs have components?

Right now I invoke gbp this way:

> gbp buildpackage --git-debian-branch=experimental \
> --git-upstream-branch=upstream/19.x \
> --git-component={cpluff-0-1-4,libdvdnav-6.1.0,libdvdread-6.1.1,webinterface-default}

If this is the only way to kick off build correctly, I will propose the
new default-on setting "--git-all-components" iterating
through pristine-tars and exporting the whole source with component
tarballs.

Cheers!
--
Vasyl Gello