Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

Am 04.01.2012 18:08, schrieb Sergiusz Pawlowicz:
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 16:46, Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> wrote:

>>> I do second Emil, if you do not have time for three months, you just
>>> should not be a maintainer. You can participate to Debian in other
>>> ways, according to your spare time.
>>
>> I've looked at the bug reports, I don't see a patch from you or anybody
>> else. So, it seems that *nobody* is willing to step up and help, let
>> alone act as new maintainer.
>
> If the package has no maintainer, I am sure finding a new one will be simpler.
>
> I have recently taken over unmaintained package, because it was listed on:
>
> http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/rfa_bypackage
>
> I have not browsed across maintained packages, as up to now, I
> thought, they are maintained.

Debian Developing does not only mean maintaining your own packages, but
also helping other ones with their bugs if they are unable to fix it.
There is no requirement to orphan a package just because you are
temporary N/A or can't fix an single issue.
The ground idea of OSS at all is that everyone may help.

--
/*
Mit freundlichem Gruß / With kind regards,

E-Mail: pmatthaei@debian.org
        patrick@linux-dev.org
*/