Re: negative vote for maintainer Michael Gilbert

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 16:46, Thomas Weber <tweber@debian.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 04:07:50PM +0000, Sergiusz Pawlowicz wrote:
>> In Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 15:29, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Debian is made for volunteers and sometimes people do not have time for
>> > their packages or for answering all the bugs in the Bug Tracking System.
>> > This does not make people automatically bad maintainers.
>>
>> I do second Emil, if you do not have time for three months, you just
>> should not be a maintainer. You can participate to Debian in other
>> ways, according to your spare time.
>
> I've looked at the bug reports, I don't see a patch from you or anybody
> else. So, it seems that *nobody* is willing to step up and help, let
> alone act as new maintainer.

If the package has no maintainer, I am sure finding a new one will be simpler.

I have recently taken over unmaintained package, because it was listed on:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/rfa_bypackage

I have not browsed across maintained packages, as up to now, I
thought, they are maintained.

s.