Re: Advocating DM Application for Andrew Ruthven

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> writes:

> I don't get the “wrong place” bits here. There are GPG stuff
> needed from the applicant, and I don't see anything that is in the
> wrong place.

The instructions to the advocate did not mention GnuPG-signing the
advocacy message. Now they do.

> > I've now updated the page to describe to the advocate what was
> > already recommended in the procedure addressed to the applicant.
>
> Well, I still fail to see why you're so concerned about the userid.
> That very looks like you're referring to the UID as in mail address.

Yes, that's what GnuPG refers to as the "userid".

> What matters (AFAIUI) is that the signing key is in the Debian
> keyring, nothing more, nothing less, and I think it would be better
> phrased like that; don't you think?

I think that what matters is that the advocate now has a clear
recommendation to sign the message at all, where before there was no
such recommendation.

Further improvements can be made as anyone sees fit, of course.

--
 \      “I have a large seashell collection, which I keep scattered on |
  `\    the beaches all over the world. Maybe you've seen it.” —Steven |