Re: Advocating DM Application for Andrew Ruthven

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> (02/07/2008):
> > The page <URL:http://wiki.debian.org/Maintainers> mentions it, but
> > in the wrong place. It's mentioned as part of the procedure for the
> > *applicant*, but not mentioned in the suggestions for an advocate.

I don't get the “wrong place” bits here. There are GPG stuff needed from
the applicant, and I don't see anything that is in the wrong place.

> I've now updated the page to describe to the advocate what was already
> recommended in the procedure addressed to the applicant.

Well, I still fail to see why you're so concerned about the userid.
That very looks like you're referring to the UID as in mail address.
What matters (AFAIUI) is that the signing key is in the Debian keyring,
nothing more, nothing less, and I think it would be better phrased like
that; don't you think?

Mraw,
KiBi.