Re: Advocating DM Application for Andrew Ruthven

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > Andrew McMillan <andrew@mcmillan.net.nz> writes:
>
> >> I endorse Andrew Ruthven's application for Debian Maintainership.
>
> > For this endorsement to be useful, you should re-do this message
> > as a reply signed with your Debian GPG userid.
>
> GnuPG may have changed and I didn't notice, but I'm fairly sure UIDs
> are properties of the key, not of the signature.

When I wrote the above, it appeared to me that the advocacy message
was not signed *at all*, which is what prompted me to write it.

I've since realised my error and acknowledged it in a follow-up on
this thread.

--
 \          “It's a good thing we have gravity or else when birds died |
  `\             they'd just stay right up there. Hunters would be all |