Re: Advocating DM Application for Andrew Ruthven

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> Andrew McMillan <andrew@mcmillan.net.nz> writes:

>> I endorse Andrew Ruthven's application for Debian Maintainership.

> For this endorsement to be useful, you should re-do this message as a
> reply signed with your Debian GPG userid.

GnuPG may have changed and I didn't notice, but I'm fairly sure UIDs are
properties of the key, not of the signature.  Signatures aren't specific
to a particular UID; they can't be, since all the UIDs are attached to the
same key, and the signature is only bound to the key.

The UID that you see a signature as being from is a property of your local
keyring.  If you want the signature to appear to be from Andrew's Debian
address, don't import his other UIDs into your keyring.