Re: DM advocacy message for Martín Ferrari

On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 14:22 -0500, Anibal Avelar wrote:
> Yes, I know the debian-devel-announce mailing list, but efectively I'm
> not susbcribe on it.
>
> I think although should be good is not an obligation to subscribe on
> all list. I'm subscribe on many others.
>
> I think the better way is to do the announce in debian-devel-announce,
> but when we need to send in other list to write a reference (or link)
> about what announce or new resolution we are talking about.

I don't think your arguments are valid enough for not being suscribed to
-devel-announce.

>From §4.1.2, Developers' Reference, document that should have read and
understood after passing at least P&P:

Core development mailing lists
The core Debian mailing lists that developers should use are:

      * debian-devel-announce@lists.debian.org, used to announce
        important things to developers. All developers are expected to
        be subscribed to this list.

      * debian-devel@lists.debian.org, used to discuss various
        development related technical issues.

      * debian-policy@lists.debian.org, where the Debian Policy is
        discussed and voted on.

      * debian-project@lists.debian.org, used to discuss various
        non-technical issues related to the project.

There are other mailing lists available for a variety of special topics;
see http://lists.debian.org/ for a list.

--
David Moreno Garza <damog@espiral.org.mx> | http://www.damog.net/
 If you got a big ride...