Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 08:25:00AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> The only stall could be if nobody looks at pending applications, but I think
> there are enough AMs to handle that.  The converse - shoddy AMs OKing other
> shoddy AMs work - should be handled by removing the shoddy AMs from the
> system (IMHO).

These two statements are mutually problematic. If you want to use the
whole pool of AMs for this, then you stand a chance (I don't know how
large) of getting two such shoddy AMs. If you use just a small group,
you'll have the same problems as the DAM, ftp-master, and maybe even
tech-ctte.

The problem of identifying which AMs are and are not up to the job is
approximately as difficult and flamewar-inducing as the problem of
processing applicants in the first place; this process will repeat to
the Nth degree.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK