Re: Excessive wait for DAM - something needs to be done

Matthias Urlichs <smurf@smurf.noris.de> writes:

> Hi, Joe Wreschnig wrote:
>
>> So, it might take people 3 years, but YMMV.
>
> The problem is that the last step doesn't have an odometer, nor a gas
> gauge, thus you don't know your mileage until you arrive.
>
> Anyway, [1] states that the DAM does have a backup (joey). Apparently,
> both haven't been able to do any NM processing for the past six weeks.
>
> Might it be possible to replace the single-point-of-failure DAM with a
> Peer Review system? I.e., some DDs (the existing AMs?) are tasked with
> checking the AM reports; three(?) YES votes approves the new maintainer,
> one NO vote (with justification please...) relegates them to the DAM.

Well, no matter what, the DAM would have to create the accounts.
However, I think the idea is good and probably would help the DAM make
his decision.  Note that as of now, the full NM reports are only
available to the front desk, so some procedural changes would be
required.

--
Poems... always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil.