Re: Addition to Email that new DD's recieve

* Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> [2002-07-13 14:46]:
> I plan to switch over using the BTS to handle sponsor requests.
> I'm waiting that someone who has write access to the BTS decides to
> handle bugs on bugs.debian.org ...
> http://bugs.debian.org/151949

There have been some discussions on WNPP to move away from using the
BTS.  Before moving the sponsorship page to the BTS one might want to
check what issues people have with the use of the BTS for WNPP (for
example, automatic query if someone is still interested in adopting a
package seems difficult to implement because it's hard to find out
when the bug was retitled; also, the BTS doesn't send email to the bug
submitter, which is a big problem in the case of WNPP and would be for
sponsorship too (someone offering to sponsor someone but sending the
mail to the bug instead of the bug submitter[0])).

[0] Yeah, I know you can write documentation and tell people not to do
this and yet people will do it.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com