Re: Debian on my tablet?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 08:17:08AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 4:12 PM, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
>
> > I don't know where it is stored in the tablet.
>
> It depends on the device, but usually it is one of the flash partitions.
>
> Is there a /proc/mtd file?

Not all gadgets use an MTD. Some use an eMMC, so better take a peek at
/sys/block/.

> Is there anything in the subdirs of the /dev/disk/ directory?

Android init, which creates the nodes under /dev/, uses /dev/block/.
Usually, one can find devices under /dev/block/platform/*/*, where they
are named after their partition. On some devices, for example, there is
a boot and a recovery partition, which contain an Android image, with a
kernel and initramfs embedded.

After finding out those devices, I usually try something like:

adb dd if=/dev/block/platform/XXXXX/recovery | dd of=recovery

So, I will be dumping the contents from those partitions to a file on my
laptop, which I can look into later.

Cascardo.