Re: offtopic: mtr losing (was Re: where to sync from?)

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 03:22:42PM -0300, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
> This is unlikely. I tested from my desktop machine. It's connected to
> the gateway through two switches. It's not loaded, the switches are
> not loaded and the connection between them is gigabit; my machine is
> 100Mb/s. They're level 2 only, without priorities. I got the highest
> drop rate from this switch, so numbers of the order of 20% are really
> strange.

I'm not sure I understood that last sentence, but if you're saying that this
switch is dropping mtr packets at a rate of 20%, then that clearly proves
that it doesn't like them for some reason. If there are no priorities (no
QoS, I guess?), then it should not be dropping them, it should be servicing
them normally (even if slowly).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.