Re: Lemote YeeLoong 8089 mips based notebook repository switch

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 15:51 +0800, fxzhang@ict.ac.cn wrote:
> Packages modified by Lemote that might lead to breakage:
>   1. the x server. To make the server know how to mmap the io port. It
> seems the latest X server/linux kernel has standard way to do this now.
>   2. linux kernel. We have to provide custom kernel before it is accepted
> by debian official, the source is provided via
> http://dev.lemote.com/git?p=linux_loongson.git;a=summary
>
> And to compile the kernel natively, we need to patch the binutils a bit to
> workaround a bug between CPU/southbridge.

I'm missing in the provided 2.6.27.1 kernel the
kernel/drivers/net/tun.ko driver (to enable openvpn):

debian:~# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.27.1 (yh@debian) (gcc version 3.4.6) #128 Fri Dec 19
18:57:57 CST 2008

If anyone has it around I'm interested! I'm currently uneable
to download lemote kernel sources (looks like it's a problem
between my ISP and lemote since other report success in bandwidth,
I'll look into in the coming days).

Thanks in advance,

Laurent