Re: O2+ kernel, framebuffer & installer state?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 04:32:48PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> > I never looked into Debian boot CDs before, what does it take to get this
> > machine supported?
>
> - A debian package of the Kernel, including modules

Shouldn't be to hard, works with stock 2.6 MIPS CVS.

> - Probably some harddisk bootloader (no requirement)

Well, how do initrds get loaded?

RM200 being a 95% implementation of the ARC firmware can boot ECOFF files
from an ISO9660 fs on a CD or from a FAT fs on a floppy (if you get the
kernel small enough ...) or HD - or even from a tarball on a tape ...

> - Support in the new installer:
>   - archdetect to find out the subarch (basically parses proc)
>   - Keyboard/Keymap support (is this an AT style keyoard?)

PS/2.

>   - .udebs (== installer modules) of Kernel and modules, created
>     by the linux-kernel-di package
>   - The udeb list for that subarchitecture
>   - Probably some minor things I forgot about
> - images/initrds/kernels from the installer package in the debian archive
> - Support for this subarchitecture in debian-cd (means mostly: A script
>   which makes the CD bootable. It would do nothing for the RM400)

Same for RM200.

  Ralf