Re: O2+ kernel, framebuffer & installer state?

Christian Luijten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got an O2+ RM7000 at home and I would like to install Debian on it,
> but I've read that the framebuffer is currently only partly supported
> and that on some points O2 != O2+.

Ah, a innocent victim for kernel testing. ;-)
The upsteam mips kernel people are hacking framebuffer support ATM,
and recently somebody showed up with a O2+. So you could help with
running in their latest bugs. :-)

> So I wondered, can you help me with this one and if so, can I in turn
> help you with testing the installer etc.

Debian has currently no support for O2, mainly because the developers
have either no such hardware or not enough time. It is however
relatively simple to add installer support once the kernel is stable.

It would be great to have O2 support in sarge.

Thiemo