Re: debian-mipsel installed on a Cobalt Qube2

So then, Thiemo Seufer <ica2_ts@csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de> is all like:

> Does it boot only with a vendor-supplied kernel or with any 2.0.x
> (+ patches)? If the latter, the boot loader might look for some
> rdev-like bits in the kernel which may have changed in the meanwhile.

That's a good question.  Unfortunately, the 2700 has been taken back by
its original owner :) So for the benefit of the next poor schlep who's
trying to get Debian (or any custom kernel) on a Qube 2700, here are the
things you should try:

*  Can it boot any old 2.0.x kernel with the Cobalt patches?
*  Build the little serial port thingy.  Any useful output?

Thanks to everyone who mailed me with suggestions.  Hopefully my little
report helps someone at some point.  In the meantime, I'm happilly
running a pair of Qube 2s.

Neale