debian-mipsel installed on a Cobalt Qube2

This probably isn't news so I won't do a full write-up, but as I didn't
see anything in archives about Debian on a Cobalt Qube, I thought I'd
drop a line that I got it working and it's great.  Even the LCD display
works.  Should I package this up?

If the list members would like, I'll detail what installation entails
and some of the snares I hit.

Unfortunately, the Qube 1 (Qube 2700) seems determined not to run any
kernels I feed it--and believe me, I fed it a lot.  There must be
something special about the kernel it came with, any mips gurus out
there know how the blasted thing boots?

Neale