Re: debian-mipsel installed on a Cobalt Qube2

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 10:52:22AM -0700, Neale Pickett wrote:

> Now this is encouraging news!  I think the NASRaq uses the same hardware
> as the Qube 2700.  What's in /proc/cpuinfo?  If the bogomips is under

system type             : MIPS Cobalt
processor               : 0
cpu model               : Nevada V10.0  FPU V10.0
BogoMIPS                : 249.03

> I did play around with tiny kernels on my Qube 2700: I built a 2.4.19
> kernel with practically nothing in it--the tulip driver was even built
> as a module.  But it was still over 1MB uncompressed:
>
>   -rw-r--r--    1 neale    neale     1365300 Oct 18 10:44 vmlinux
>   -rwxr-xr-x    1 neale    neale      497295 Oct 18 10:44 vmlinux.gz

That should be sufficient - my current running kernel is 588123 bytes
(gzipped).

> What version of the kernel are you using?  Would you mind sending the

A hacked up Linux/MIPS 2.4.19-rc1 kernel, Linux/MIPS CVS snapshot from
2002/09/07 plus some patches.

> output of
>   egrep -v '^(#.*)?$' .config
> to the list?  Here's what mine is:

Unfortunately I have accidentally deleted the .config. It is based on
arch/mips/defconfig-cobalt, with just network support (tulip), IDE harddisk
support, ext2 and serial console enabled. If I find the time, I build a new
kernel and send you the .config over the weekend.

HTH,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>