Re: (No Subject)

> I'm asking myself how many package are only available in Arch and not in Debian.

Support for Arch Linux packages on Debian was a byproduct of makedeb, but the main goal is to just provide an alternative to the Debian source package format.

On the topic of Arch Linux though, makedeb (and more specifically a side project for it) gives support for the AUR, which has quite a few packages not available in the Debian repos (most notably those with license issues).

I also use it to get some up-to-date packages from the Arch repositories on my Ubuntu system, which helps to avoid a ton of extra repositories and PPAs.

Regardless of all that though, I think I got what I need to be able to start somewhere.

Again, thanks for the help.