Re: (No Subject)

Hi,

On 2021-05-21 7:30 a.m., Hunter Wittenborn wrote:
>     > If you want to get makedeb into Debian, then you'll need to build
>     a Debian source package for it.
>     > If on the other hand you want to get the packages created by
>     makedeb into Debian, you're probably out of luck.

The only build system in Debian is Debian's build system based on .dsc
source file.

>> The complete build system is based on a .dsc file and this does more
> than only run a gcc build on your application or package it into a
> .tar.gz file !
>
> That and the links all make sense, I'll see what I can do.

Just checked the number of package for distributions
Arch : 11 978 (based on https://archlinux.org/packages/ )
Debian : Over 20 000 (based on https://ircbots.debian.net/stats/ )

I'm asking myself how many package are only available in Arch and not in
Debian....Because if they are available in Ubuntu or whatever distro
using debian package then it's easy to compile without changes.

--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside