Re: (No Subject)

Hi !

On 2021-05-21 5:43 a.m., Hunter Wittenborn wrote:
> I'm continuing to look around at things - do all packages, even those in
> non-free, have to have an accompanying .dsc file to be in the Debian
> repositories?

Like I already wrote, there's much to read before your package get
submitted. And you question is showing exactly this....

You don't submit binary, you submit a source code and automatic build
machine (computer) will produce the different binaries for all the
architectures used by Debian, will do some validation, etc.

So yes a .DSC is needed as it's the basic.

Have you ever tried using dh_make ?

Have you tried compiling some package from Debian ??

Do the following :

mkdir tmp
cd tmp
apt-get source emacs
cd emacs-*
debuild

and see the magic happens.
In the end you'll get a .build file.
Open this one and look at the lines around the end of file.
You'll see some testing done against the binary package to ensure it is
compliant with the rules Debian enforced for package.

Make you shall start from there (oh yes and RTFM Debian New Maintainer
Guide / Developer).
--
Polyna-Maude R.-Summerside