Re: Request for peer review of clamav-unofficial-sigs

On 2018/11/26 10:58, Paul Wise wrote:
On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 2:04 PM Brent Clark wrote:

I have moved this action to install the man and cron in debian/postinst.

This isn't appropriate for packages in Debian, so an alternative
mechanism should be used. Perhaps upstream could skip the
configuration check when the man/cron options are passed?

Thanks for replying Paul.

You are 100% correct.

But !!!

Here in lays the problem. If you look at their issues page on github, they do not seem to be activity monitoring or commenting on issue.

Further to my hypothesis is, if you look at their merge requests, they have three outstanding.

So the chances of my request(s) being adopted, is probably none.

I do not want to say the project is abandoned, but the last commit was 18/3/2017.

So based on this, Im "tip toeing" and trying to address their issues / short comings.

Whats needs to be understood, is that right now, the Debian shipped clamav-unofficial-sigs package, does not include a whole host of 3rd party Sanesecurity signatures (as reported here : https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=785130#15).

I can only suggest, I go back to making the man and cron part and parcel of the package.

Regards
Brent