Re: Request for peer review of clamav-unofficial-sigs

Good day Paul

On 2018/11/23 03:34, Paul Wise wrote:
The eXtremeSHOK version doesn't have a clamav-unofficial-sigs.8 so
debian/manpages will cause dh_installman to fail.

Thats correct. eXtremeSHOK wants you to run
"/usr/local/sbin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh --install-man"

Which creates /usr/share/man/man8/clamav-unofficial-sigs.8

I took that file and updated clamav-unofficial-sigs.8 with their contents.

I would suggest running the upstream installation command in
debian/rules instead. Otherwise clamav-unofficial-sigs.8 will get
outdated when the script changes.

This is not going to be possible. Right at the bottom of user.conf, there is an entry

"""
# Uncomment the following line to enable the script
#user_configuration_complete="yes"
"""

This needs to be uncommented before clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh is 'runnable'.

I had a go at override_dh_installman, just to make sure, but it does not appear possible. I have moved this action to install the man and cron in debian/postinst.

Regards
Brent