Re: Request for peer review of clamav-unofficial-sigs

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 2:34 PM Brent Clark wrote:

> I am new to packaging and I would like to ask if someone could please
> peer review my work.

Some comments:

I'm not sure how you want to use git for packaging. I used gbp and
pristine-tar. These days I would personally remove all upstream code
from git and store only the debian/ directory. A more popular option
is to use the DEP14 standard for this. I'm not sure how the clamav
team do things these days.

https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep14/

I think you will want to use the releases page in the debian/watch:

https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs/releases

The eXtremeSHOK version doesn't have a CHANGELOG file like the
original version did, they instead store their NEWS equivalent file in
the README.md, which would already be installed by dh_installdocs. So
I think you can drop the dh_installchangelogs override from
debian/rules and just not have a separate changelog. If you want to
separate them and upstream refuse to do that, you could split the
README.md at build time and

clamav-unofficial-sigs.conf doesn't exist in the eXtremeSHOK version
so the install phase of package building will fail when it tries to
copy that. I guess you will need to do something with the upstream
config directory instead.

I wonder if debian/publickey.gpg is still needed.

The eXtremeSHOK version doesn't have a clamav-unofficial-sigs.8 so
debian/manpages will cause dh_installman to fail.

The eXtremeSHOK version has a README.md file instead of a README file
so debian/docs will cause dh_installdocs to fail.

If you ever decide to get this into Debian, debian/copyright needs to
be updated for the new copyrights of eXtremeSHOK.

You might want to add yourself to Uploaders in debian/control.

I'd put a space before the bracket in debian/changelog.

Please run lintian on the .changes file.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise