Re: AGPL (was Re: Please try expo.debian.net)

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:03:03PM -0400, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
>> Launchpad is most certainly free software (though it would have to be
>> re-branded, the icons/images are not free). [0]:
>>
>> "Canonical Ltd ("Canonical") distributes the Launchpad source code
>> under the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3 (AGPLv3)."
>
> I can't see how someone can claim that AGPL is a free software license.
>
> "Freedom 0: The freedom to run the program for any purpose."

I'm not a lawyer; so I have to rely on the advise of others. As AGPLv3
software is accepted into Debian main, [0] I work with the
understanding that it is free.

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2008/11/msg00097.html

-- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

   Ubuntu Developer <https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething>