Re: AGPL (was Re: Please try expo.debian.net)

Il giorno mer, 27/07/2011 alle 22.06 +0200, Adam Borowski ha scritto:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:03:03PM -0400, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
> > Launchpad is most certainly free software (though it would have to be
> > re-branded, the icons/images are not free). [0]:
> >
> > "Canonical Ltd ("Canonical") distributes the Launchpad source code
> > under the GNU Affero General Public License, version 3 (AGPLv3)."
>
> I can't see how someone can claim that AGPL is a free software license.
>
> "Freedom 0: The freedom to run the program for any purpose."

(Maybe I'm really missing something, but) doesn't [0] have anything to
do with this discussion?! I mean: is this still an open debate or your
own opinion != Debian's official position?

[0]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=17;bug=495721

bye

Pietro