Please try expo.debian.net -- a replacement for mentors.debian.net

Hi all people on debian-mentors,

Debexpo is a replacement for http://mentors.debian.net/. I hereby request testers! It is of "beta" quality -- I think it works fully and has enough features to replace mentors.debian.net.

It has the following improvements over http://mentors.debian.net/ :

* Maintainable code base
* More color on the front page
* Publicly-shown lintian results

I have been spending the past couple of days at Debconf fixing up the code and the deployment. I'm hereby asking for testing and feedback:

* Please try uploading a package and tell me if it works
  (especially tell me if it fails!).

* Please tell me if there are features we need before it can replace
  mentors.debian.net.

Frankly, I think it's ready as-is! Go to http://expo.debian.net/ to try it.

My goal with this debexpo work is to get the app and the deployment into a usable, documented state so it can replace mentors.debian.net. Then I will shift into the background and do only patch review and documentation writing.

Anyone interested in working on Debexpo, a Python + Pyons web app, should grab the source code. Some fixes require changing only the templates, and I promise to review your patches quickly (within four days, tops).

Bug tracker: https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=100127&atid=413115

(You can get the latest deployed source from git://expo.debian.net/live . I will push that to Alioth once I sort out some confusion with my SSH key.)

-- Asheesh.

P.S. There is no known way to change the "Needs a sponsor" field. Just delete the package if you don't need a sponsor, for now.

P.P.S. Any bugs that can be fixed by just editing the templates, I hope to see people submitting patches for!