Re: Please try expo.debian.net -- a replacement for mentors.debian.net

Hi Asheesh,

Le mardi 26 juil. 2011 à 19:55:00 (+0200 CEST), Asheesh Laroia a écrit :
> Hi all people on debian-mentors,
>
> Debexpo is a replacement for http://mentors.debian.net/. I hereby
> request testers! It is of "beta" quality -- I think it works fully
> and has enough features to replace mentors.debian.net.

Thanks for working on this.

Looks very promising!

On the package details page, it would be great if URL's could be clickable
(Homepage, VCS-Browser). Also Lintian tags could be linked to their
description on lintian.d.o

I also think it is not necessary to show missing optional fields (eg.
various VCS-* fields).

It may also help to know whether the package is already in Debian (with
a link to packages.d.o in order to know more about the history of the
uploads) or if it is a new package.

As from the maintainer "personal package archive" page, I understand that
binary packages will be made publicly available? The page states 'deb ...'
entries in sources.list. If so, I think it is a bad idea. Only source
packages should be available to avoid people use this as a standard
repository (I remember it used to be the case for mentors.d.n).

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Julien

--
  .''`.   Julien Valroff ~ <julien@kirya.net> ~ <julien@debian.org>
 : :'  :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor