Re: Please try expo.debian.net -- a replacement for mentors.debian.net

Asheesh Laroia <asheesh@asheesh.org> writes:

> 2) Integrate OpenID logins, so you can use existing credentials (e.g.
> Google Account, your own personal OpenID,

This would be the option I'd most like to see, for the reason you give:
it allows a huge number of existing identities, including identities
managed by the person and not a corporation, to be re-used if the
visitor chooses to.

> One difficulty for this is that I don't plan to write much new code
> for debexpo -- just enough to get it to the point where it can replace
> mentors.debian.net. But if we come to a community decision about how
> we want login to work, and specify it well, I think we can find the
> energy to build it.

+1 to having DebExpo be an OpenID Relying Party for registration and
login.

    <URL:http://wiki.openid.net/w/page/12995223/Relying-Party-Best-Practices>

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\         Brain, but three round meals a day wouldn't be as hard to |