Re: Please try expo.debian.net -- a replacement for mentors.debian.net
On Wed, 27 Jul 2011, Ben Finney wrote:
Asheesh Laroia <email@example.com> writes:
Debexpo is a replacement for http://mentors.debian.net/. I hereby
request testers! It is of "beta" quality -- I think it works fully and
has enough features to replace mentors.debian.net.
Like many people, I have far too many online credentials already.
Signing up to a new service with new site-specific credentials is a
barrier to entry.
What hope is there for this new service to make use of existing
credentials from mentors.debian.net?
There are a few major options:
1) Import the mentors.debian.net authentication data
2) Integrate OpenID logins, so you can use existing credentials (e.g.
Google Account, your own personal OpenID,
3) Just use a silly password like 'password'
4) See if DSA will create a central authentication web thing, which they
are considering (called Shibboleth)
5) Login by asking you to GPG-sign a random message generated by the
I'm open to other ideas.
One difficulty for this is that I don't plan to write much new code for
debexpo -- just enough to get it to the point where it can replace
mentors.debian.net. But if we come to a community decision about how we
want login to work, and specify it well, I think we can find the energy to