Re: RFS: libzeep

Op 15-01-11 23:13, Niels Thykier schreef:

   I messed around a bit and the library appears to build just fine with
- --no-add-needed (and --no-undefined), so it appears to be properly linked.

Today I found out something is still wrong, when I tried to link to the libzeep.a file the linker was not able to find the symbols. Trying to get rid of the lintian error: 'unstripped-binary-or-object ./usr/lib/libzeep.a' I clearly stripped too many symbols. However, using

	strip --strip-unneeded

is not enough to keep lintian happy. What is going on here? I tried rebuilding the static library without the -fPIC flag but that made no difference (to lintian). (I now also understand I'm supposed to do that anyway, using -fPIC for shared libraries only I mean).

What symbols does lintian check for, and how am I supposed to get rid of those (if that's at all possible?).

For the record, I'm linking the shared library using the 'ld -r' command, so I'm not using 'ar' or 'ranlib'.

Best regards,

-maarten