Re: RFS: libzeep

On 2011-01-14 20:31, Maarten L. Hekkelman wrote:
> On 14-01-11 11:45, Niels Thykier wrote:
>
>> I tried to build your package, but it fails in a clean chroot.  Most
>> likely you are missing a Build-Depends or two.
>
> Thanks for having a look at my package. And yes, I totally overlooked
> those Build-Depends. Should be fixed now.

Thanks.  Also if you do not know it, you can use line breaks in the
(Build-)Depends fields. This can make the fields easier to read if done
properly :)

>> Also d/copyright needs to contain the entirely licenses.  The only
>> licenses you can refer to without including a full copy of them are
>> those listed in /usr/share/common-licenses (with the exception of the
>> BSD license, which we are trying to remove from common-licenses).  On a
>> related note, the LICENSE_1_0.txt should not be installed.
>
> OK, so I copied this LICENSE' contents over to the copyright file.

Right, you do not have to paste its contents in twice.  You can say
something like:

"Distributed under the Boost Software License, Version 1.0.
 See the full text of the license above/below"

Also, the license file is still installed in the -dev package.  (see
debian/docs).  In general, when you have multiple binary packages (like
this case), you should use debian/<packagename>.docs (etc.) instead of
debian/docs

>> In d/rules you could shorten it a bit.
>
> Did that, created a new package and uploaded it. I hope it is better now?

Sweet. The original was probably also good too, the new one is just
easier for reviewers/sponsors because all the "standard stuff" is hidden
in the "dh $@" line.

> Best regards,
>
> -maarten hekkelman

It would also be cool if the build supported the CFLAGS/LDFLAGS set by
dpkg-buildpackage/dpkg-buildflags.  This would allow derivatives and
users to rebuild the package with different standard flags.  A notable
example here is Ubuntu, which is currently linking with --no-add-needed
and --as-needed.
  I messed around a bit and the library appears to build just fine with
- --no-add-needed (and --no-undefined), so it appears to be properly linked.

~Niels