Re: RFS: xpdf (updated package)

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 16:14:32 +0200 Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> $ wget "http://www.compta-entrepreneurs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/guide_auto_entrepreneur.pdf";
>
> $ xpdf guide_auto_entrepreneur.pdf
> Error: Couldn't open 'nameToUnicode' file
> '/usr/share/poppler/nameToUnicode/Greek'
> Error: Couldn't open 'nameToUnicode' file
> '/usr/share/poppler/nameToUnicode/Thai'
> Error: Couldn't open 'nameToUnicode' file
> '/usr/share/poppler/nameToUnicode/Bulgarian'
> xpdf: pthread_mutex_lock.c:62: __pthread_mutex_lock: Assertion
> `mutex->__data.__owner == 0' failed.
> [1]    5918 abort      xpdf guide_auto_entrepreneur.pdf

I've just uploaded a new version that triggers an xpdfrc (languages)
update when poppler-data is installed.  This resolves the above issue
while keeping poppler-data as a recommends.  I've tested
guide_auto_entrepreneur.pdf with and without poppler-data, and xpdf
works just fine now.

The poppler-utils conflict is still unresolved [0], but since that is
not actually an issue with this package, I think that the current
version is ready for upload.

I would be very appreciative if anyone has the time to review and
sponsor this package.  See new version at:

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xpdf

Thanks,
Mike

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/586620