Re: RFS: rss2email (updated package)

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 09:34:36PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > No, I didn't, as I pinged him "only" four days ago. I don't know if
> > it's enough ?
>
> There is no real limit for "enough" but the fact that Vcs vanished does
> IMHO give a sign that you probably can wait longer for the response.

I didn't want to give the MIA team extra work for a false negative.
But yes, a dead link is probably such a sign, so I will contact the
team.

> > > instead of simply deleting the dead links.  This enables more
> > > transparency in packaging and useful group maintenance (in case the
> > > original maintainer might come back somehow).
> >
> > I actually used git to prepare this package. It's available on github :
> >
> > https://github.com/emillon/rss2email
> >
> > but I can push it on alioth and set Vcs-git to that if it helps.
>
> I don't know if it helps but IMHO alioth is a reasonable place (I do
> not mind whether Git or SVN is used).

Fine, I will push it there.

> BTW, I tried rss2email and just get links in the content of the mails?
> Is this a configuration issue or just a (mis)feature of the RS feeding
> site?

By default, it tries to convert each feed item to text (using a script
that could be packaged separately I think…). But you can put
"HTML_MAIL = 1" in ~/.rss2email/config.py to disable this conversion.

So, if you only have links I believe that the feed you are viewing
does not have inline content. We can talk about that off-list or in
the BTS if you want :-)

--
Etienne Millon