Re: ITS: arc-colors, gnome-colors, shiki-colors are ready

* Dmitrijs Ledkovs <dmitrij.ledkov@gmail.com> [090605 14:01]:
> > I've asked multiple times and not yet got a single argument why
> > "I herby place this and that in the public domain" could see any danger
> > to be misunderstood or invalidated by a German court.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Public_domain#Rule_of_the_shorter_term
>
> Sorry no better source.

Only thing I can find there is that the "years after authors death"
is the same without looking where the author lived. And it also says
that the USA has the same behaviour in this regard.

I doubt we will find useable software anytime soon where the
software is in the public domain because the author is many decades
dead, but I was speaking about people giving up their copyrights.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link