Re: ITS: arc-colors, gnome-colors, shiki-colors are ready

On Fri, 29 May 2009 14:31:38 +0200 Benjamin Drung wrote:

Okay, Dima was right, thursday, not tuesday :)
But here comes my review, very cosmetic:

arc-colors-1.7.1/debian/copyright:
+ You miss © everywhere.
+ Please write an own Copyright: line for every copyright owner.
+ Do you have years of copyright and mail-addresses for Daniel P. Fore
  and Nuno Pinheiro? And maybe you can list the files copyrighted by
  them?
+ COPYING says GPL-2+, you write GPL-2 for upstreams code?

shiki-colors-murrine-3.9.1/debian/copyright:
+ You miss © everywhere.
+ Please write an own Copyright: line for every copyright owner.
+ COPYING says GPL-3+, you write GPL-3 for upstreams code?

shiki-colors-murrine-3.9.1/debian/control:
+ Package: shiki-colors-xfwm-theme should be section xfce?

gnome-colors-3.8.5/debian/copyright:
+ You miss © everywhere.
+ Please write an own Copyright: line for every copyright owner.
+ COPYING says GPL-2+, you write GPL-2 for upstreams code?
+ Do you have years of copyright for the other contributors?
  And maybe you can list the files copyrighted by them? As they do not
  have copyright over ALL files as listed at the moment.
+ Files: Tango based icons, can you list them? Files: should be a
  shell-glob/regular expression/whatever (*machine* readable :))
  All copyright information should be in debian/copyright, and you have
  it imho... so the line is not needed.

For the GPL-X+ vs GPL-X issue, I guess it's just a matter of correct
documentation. Maybe upstream should write something like "This is
licensed under GPL version X, see the full text of the license in
COPYING" into AUTHORS?

Besides of these, I'm fine with an upload. So waiting for your fixes :)
--
Bruce Schneier Fact Number 854:
'NP' means 'No Problem' if you are Bruce Schneier.