Re: ITS: arc-colors, gnome-colors, shiki-colors are ready

2009/6/5 Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org>:
> * Benjamin Drung <benjamin.drung@gmail.com> [090605 01:59]:
>> It's sad, that public domain does not exists in Germany
>
> In the same sense public domain does not exist in Germany, copyright
> does not exist in Germany either.
>
> I've asked multiple times and not yet got a single argument why
> "I herby place this and that in the public domain" could see any danger
> to be misunderstood or invalidated by a German court.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Public_domain#Rule_of_the_shorter_term

Sorry no better source.

I quite like German Copyright Law even though it's a bit of a pain for
the US originated open-source public domain stuff.

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),
Ледков Дмитрий Юрьевич