Re: RFS: backup2l (updated package - new upstream release) (2nd try)

On Wednesday 30,December,2009 09:37 PM, Joachim Wiedorn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Nicolas Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez@gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, Charles is suggesting putting your package files (eg. your rules script)
>> in a VCS.
> So you mean I should do only the debian directory of the package in an
> VCS?
Depends on your preference, though I think some VCSes don't have proper support
for having the entire upstream tarball contents within. In the case of
bzr(-builddeb) and git(-buildpackage), both methods (debian directory alone, or
entire source tarball as well) are supported.

> Do make this sense for a small package like backup2l?
It always makes sense to stick things into a VCS.

> As "normal" maintainer (still no DM) I don't can use debian server for
> VCS. Is Sourceforge a good idea?
Use alioth.debian.org. Anyone can create an account there, and that's where
Debian packagers usually host all their Debian packaging VCS repositories.
Packaging teams even.

See http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth for more information.

--
Kind regards,