Re: RFS: backup2l (updated package - new upstream release) (2nd try)

Hello Charles,

thanks for your feedback.

----
Am Sat, 26 Dec 2009 12:11:19 +0900 schrieb
Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org>:

> this is not accurate: the package has been orphaned by the QA team and the
> maintainer answered that he is not inactive. He is also the upstream maintainer
I have read the answers of the (old) maintainer and on the other side I
have seen he have made nothing since the last 4 years with the debian
package.

So I have asked the (old) maintainer (who is also the upstream develo-
per) about maintaining the package in debian. He answers me on 10 Nov
2009 (in German):
> das freut mich! Auch ich fände es schade, wenn das Tool aus Debian
> entfernt würde, habe aber momentan aus beruflichen und privaten Gründen
> einfach keine Zeit, mich um das Debian-Paket zu kümmern.
>
> Sie dürfen das Paket gerne in Debian übernehmen. Ich freue mich, wenn
> Sie sich darum kümmern.
This means he have not enough time for maintaining and he provide my
ITA for the package backup2l.

> and released a new version 12 days ago. He distributes a Debian package on the
> SourceForge website.
That is right. But he have done it, because I have asked him on 15 Nov
2009 for a new version before I make a new Debian package. And now I
have taken his new released version for making the debian package. And
I updated all files in the debian directory to new standards and bump
to Standard 3.8.3.

> I recommend to contact him to see how you can work together. Maybe the main
That is all done in a very good manner. I have a good contact to the
upstream developer.

> issue is sponsorship? I do not know if he is aware of the debian-mentors
> mailing list.
The only need is: I need someone sponsoring the upload of this package.

Fondest regards,
 Joachim Wiedorn