Re: RFS: backup2l (updated package - new upstream release) (2nd try)

Le Fri, Dec 25, 2009 at 04:21:00PM +0100, Joachim Wiedorn a écrit :

> the previous maintainer of backup2l had set the package "orphaned".

Dear Joachim,

this is not accurate: the package has been orphaned by the QA team and the
maintainer answered that he is not inactive. He is also the upstream maintainer
and released a new version 12 days ago. He distributes a Debian package on the
SourceForge website.

backup2l (1.5) unstable; urgency=low
  * Add self-test script to each external volume
  * changed FORMAT to truncate fractional parts from time stamps in .list.gz
    files (needed for Debian 5.0/Lenny)
  * backup2l.conf: added some comments on how to use SKIPCOND for certain features
  * fixed false errors with special characters, closes #291423, #305792
  * changed chown invocation ("g:u" instead of "g.u")

 -- Gundolf Kiefer <gundolfk@web.de>  Tue,  13 Dec 2009 20:13:05 +0100

I recommend to contact him to see how you can work together. Maybe the main
issue is sponsorship? I do not know if he is aware of the debian-mentors
mailing list.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy