Re: Lintian pickiness and packaging improvements

On Thu, Oct 22 2009, Rogério Brito wrote:

> On Oct 22 2009, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>  I am all for idea if it is _my_ style which is selected, and every
>>  one else's style will be warned against.
>
> I'm not all for the idea of having just one style. I knew that this
> objection would appear, but I worded it poorly.
>
> What I had in mind would be a grab-bag of such stylistic things. But
> scrap that.

        Well, this is getting to be bikeshedding, but one may do what
 indent does: despite there being several different styles of
 indentation, and the indentation wars being as religious as anything
 else, indent just allows you to specify your preferred style,  and goes
 from there. So, you could run lintian --style-manoj, and be perfectly
 in sync with the one true style of packaging. Or else you could say
 lintian --style-Rogério, if you were less enlightened :-)

        But, this is probably going to take some effort, and I am not
 currently volunteering to code that.

        manoj
--
Eighty percent of married men cheat in America.  The rest cheat in
Europe. Jackie Mason