Re: RFS: ampache (updated package)

Hi Manoj,

I'm not going to argue with you about this.

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 04:12:21AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         There is a time and a place where these lintian options are
>  useful. They certainly have a place, and are recommended for
>  experienced developers, and critical for helping to improve lintian.
>  But one needs to know when to use them, and when not to bother.

I just think that this is the wrong perspective. lintian usually has
good explanations and I find it for novices particularly helpfull to
read those. They rediect to Policy, DevRef etc.

And the most important part is: not a single lintian complaint has to be
fixed because lintian says so. It's just a tool. Bugs have to be fixed
and if lintian finds those -- good. And if a new maintainer doesn't
understand what a lintian (pedantic, info, warning or whatever severity)
issue is about, then it's time to ask. That's what -mentors is about; or
at least I always thought so.

Hauke