Re: Lintian pickiness and packaging improvements

>         Pedantic tags are Lintian at its most pickiest and include
>         checks for particular Debian packaging styles, *checks that are
>         very frequently wrong*, and checks that many people disagree
>         with.  Expect false positives and Lintian tags that you don't
>         consider useful if you use this option.  Adding overrides for
>         pedantic tags is probably not worth the effort.

As the person who pushed and introduced pedantic support I always felt a bit
hesitant regarding the highlighted statement, maybe I should bring this up
on the lintian mailing list and ask Russ for his reasons behind it (maybe
what he wanted to express could be paraphrased).
If a check is wrong I don't think it should belong to the pedantic category,
IMHO.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer