Re: Lintian pickiness and packaging improvements

On Oct 22 2009, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>
> >         I also think that style issues should not be a part of even
> >  Pedantic checks. If a package is using a different, and arguably
> >  better style, then lintian should keep its nose out.
>
> If there's a better style I guess nobody would object to consider recommend
> it or at least make sure lintian doesn't complain about it.

Couldn't we have a category of warning/checks that is labelled "stylistic"?

That way, all odd-ball stylistic changes could be separated from
pedantic and enabled with an even wider range of things (like the
trailing-whitespace-at-eol issue, files that don't end with newline
etc).

I hope that you get the idea.

Regards, Rogério.